Hearing Evaluations & Hearing Aids
We strive to offer the most comprehensive diagnostic tests as they relate to Hearing Loss.
Hearing Evaluations & Exams:
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluations & Exams
- Hearing Aid Evaluations
Hearing Aid Services:
- Hearing Aid Dispensing
- Hearing Aid Cleanings
- Hearing Aid Fittings
- Hearing Aid Service and Repair for All Brands of Hearing Aids
- Verification Testing, including Live Voice Speech Mapping
- Hearing Aid batteries and Supplies
Have Questions? Click here to read our Hearing Aids FAQs.
We are Familiar with all types of hearing aid brands; here are the most common we work with:
(Click on any of them to learn more)
OTICON HEARING AIDS
PHONAK HEARING AIDS
WIDEX HEARING AIDS
STARKEY HEARING AIDS
Many people with hearing loss find that hearing aid(s) will improve their hearing in most environments.
There are a multitude of factors that affect how much improvement you see:
- How long have you had untreated hearing loss?
- What is the degree of your hearing loss and percentage?
- What is your speech clarity (how clearly can you understand words)?
- What is your overall health?
- How motivated are you to hear better?
Most people experience a learning curve with hearing aids and it may take a little bit of time to adapt to them.
The most important decision one must make is to choose the provider who will assist them with their hearing loss. Choosing the right audiologist will allow the person to get independent advice as to what their true needs are and what can be done to help resolve them. Your audiologist should be deeply interested in you and treating your hearing loss based on your needs, and less focused on selling you something you may or may not need.
When you choose to work with us, we ensure that you are getting the best hearing aids in the industry and that they will meet your lifestyle, budget and listening needs.
Hearing Aid Styles:
Invisible In Canal (IIC)
Invisible-In-Canal (IIC) hearing instruments are nearly invisible when worn. The device(s) will sit deeply down in your ear canal and be nearly invisible. Many people choose these hearing aids for cosmetic reasons.
- Nearly invisible
- Access to sounds and increased clarity in all environments
- Fit specifically for your individual ear canal
- Intended to be put in and removed from the ear daily
Completely In Canal (CIC)
Completely-in-the-canal (CIC) micro-technology allows this type of hearing aid to be worn deep inside the ear canal. CIC’s are so tiny, they are almost invisible when worn.
- Cosmetically desirable because these hearing aids are tiny in size
- Programmed to have automatic or push button settings
- Require good manual dexterity in order to place the hearing aid in the ears
In The Canal (ITC)
In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids are smaller than the ITE style and are also custom made to fit the size and shape of your ear canal.
- Barely visible in the ear
- Easy to use with the telephone
- May not fit well in small ears
In The Ear (ITE)
In-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids are custom-made and fit comfortably inside the ear.
- Easy to insert into the ear because of its larger size
- Easy-to-operate larger features such as volume control
- Used to help mild to severe hearing loss
Behind The Ear (BTE)
The behind-the-ear (BTE) style sits behind the ear, while the amplified sound passes down a tube to a customized ear mold, which fits in your ear.
- Typically offers more power than a custom-made hearing aid
- Robust for active wears
- Suitable for all degrees of hearing loss
- Large, easy-to-use hearing aids that are very reliable
Receiver In Canal (RIC)
Receiver in the Canal or Open-Ear hearing aids are the newest design to reduce or eliminate that echo or plugged up feeling wearers can sometimes experience (referred to as the occlusion effect). They are easy to wear and barely noticeable.
- Fits a large range of hearing loss
- Offers the greatest flexibility in programming
- Water resistant and very durable
Call us at (717) 925-6112 and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have or click here to send us a message.